Module 2 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the philosophy section of the ABE exam.
Participants will be able to:
-Describe Moreno's philosophical concept of the Godhead as it pertains to creativity and spontaneity.
-Distinguish the philosophical meaning of Moreno’s view of man not simply as an actor but as a co-actor, not simply a God but a God among Gods.
-Understand the Canon of Creativity and its elements (warm-up, spontaneity, creativity, cultural conserve), and the Application of Canon of Creativity to the real dramas.
-Learn the Philosophical concept of Co-Creation, relationships among the director, protagonist, auxiliaries and group members.
-Recognize the stages of Moreno’s developmental theory.
-Understand the philosophical meaning of Moreno’s role theory and of his following quote, “Role playing is prior to the emergence of the self, Roles do not emerge from the self, but the self may emerge from the roles.
Video lecture on:
-Influences of Moreno’s Philosophy
-Moreno’s Role Theory
-Stages of Moreno’s Developmental Theory
-Moreno’s Concept of the Godhead
-Philosophy Section of the ABE exam
- Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 4: Social Work Philosophy Encounters Morenean Philosophy
- Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 5: Sociometry and Social Work Theory
· Video lectures - 103 min
· Handouts - 72 min
Breaks - 35 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 3:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.