Therapeutic Spiral Model (TSM) Psychodrama: Theory & Practice with Trauma. How TSM Works. Foundations and Expansions.
with Linda Ciotola and Dr. Kate Hudgins
Module 1. Similarities and Differences: Classical & Therapeutic Spiral Model (TSM) Psychodrama.
Both Dr. Kate and Linda Ciotola had decades-long relationships with Zerka Moreno. Mentored by Zerka, they both answer how classical and TSM psychodrama are the same and different. This module and indeed the whole course presents how the clinical view of directing brings safety and containment to TSM psychodrama for trauma survivors.
Module 1 of 11 in foundation course on TSM. Students may purchase one separate module or the whole course of 11 modules with a bundle discount. For: psychodramatists, psychologists, mental health professionals working with trauma, therapists, and social workers.
Participants will be able to:
-Practically establish the role of Autonomous Healing Center (AHC).Understand the adapted Hollander curve for TSM.
-Learn important historical moments of TSM development.
-Get to know the prescriptive roles of TSM.
-Get to know TSM way of doubling.
-Understand the similarities and differences of classical and TSM psychodrama.
Video materials on:
- Zerka Moreno’s influence on TSM,
- How spontaneity & creativity theory infused both classical & TSM psychodrama,
- How TSM adapted the Hollander Curve for trauma survivors.
- Practical component on establishing the Autonomous Healing Center role.
-Chapter 1. A Life in Psychodrama.(Zerka Toeman Moreno, Co-founder of Psychodrama).
-Chapter 2. The Similarities and Differences Between Classical Psychodrama and the Therapeutic Spiral Model. (Kate Hudgins, Ph.D., TEP, and Francesca Toscani, M.Ed., TEP).
-Similarities and Differences. 3 pages summary.
· Video lectures - 19 min
· Video Demonstration - 14 min
· Handouts - 87 min
· Practicum - 30 min
Breaks - 30 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 3:00 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
- Recommended video to watch Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Model. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 1 of 3.
- Recommended video to watch Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Model. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 2 of 3.
- Recommended video to watch Healing Trauma with the Therapeutic Spiral Model. Interview with Dr. Hudgins. Part 3 of 3.
- Break (10 min)
- Chapter 1 A Life in Psychodrama. (Zerka Toeman Moreno, Co-founder of Psychodrama)sca Toscani, M.Ed., TEP) (29:00 min)
- Chapter 2. The Similarities and Differences Between Classical Psychodrama and the Therapeutic Spiral Model. (Kate Hudgins, Ph.D., TEP, and Francesca Toscani, M.Ed., TEP) (29:00 min)
- Break (10 min)
- Similarities and Differences. 3 pages summary (29:00 min)
- Break (10 min)
Therapeutic Spiral Model (TSM) Psychodrama: Theory & Practice with Trauma. How TSM works. Foundations and Expansions. 11 modules
TSM modified classical psychodrama, combined with the attachment theory and recent research in interpersonal neurobiology. Incorporating trauma theory to ensure safe applications while working with trauma. By taking this course you bring containment and structure into your work.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: