Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques with Mario Cossa
Module 6. Sex and Drugs and Rock “n” Roll – Adolescents and addictions.
Substance use, abuse, and addictions can be detrimental to healthy adolescent development. The "Just Say No" approach was tried and failed. Adolescents need the opportunity to receive clear information and consider consequences of actions in a safe and supportive environment. This module outlines ways to use sociodrama and psychodrama to provide both the information and the tools for making healthy decisions.
Module 6 of 7 on working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques. Students can purchase individual modules or the entire course of 7 modules, with a bundle discount.
Participants will be able to:
-To describe the physical and neurological consequences along the continuum from experimentation with substances to addiction;
-To outline a sociodramatic process for exploring the effects of substances on adolescents; and
-To explain how role training can be utilized to support sober behavior for youth in recovery from substance abuse.
-To direct Talk Show exercise;
-To direct sociodrama on relapse refusal.
· Video lectures - 21 min
· Video Demonstration - 39 min
· Handouts - 45 min
· Practicum - 70 min
Breaks - 35 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 3:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
Rebels with a Cause: Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques.
Students can buy one separate module or the whole course of 7 modules with a bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: