"I know how it feels to struggle to maintain order in the classroom and keep students interested and engaged. This course helps facilitate instructor's cohesion among students and actively engages them in the learning process. See examples of action methods you can use in the classroom. Action Methods in Education can be used by Teachers in K-12 or higher education."
For those who are experienced or new to action methods online or in-person:
Educators, business coaches, therapists, social workers, psychologists, counselors, business owners. This module is appropriate for those who are new to action methods, as well as experienced practitioners, students in educational and mental health fields, and those who want to develop their skills in action methods. Trauma survivors, wanting to rebuild the broken connection with the body.
Apply action methods in classroom management and in their teaching of subject matter.
• Identify Action methods in classroom management
• Recognize terms applicable to Action Methods in Education
• Practice the use of action methods applicable in educational settings
Linda Ciotola M.Ed., TEP, CET III, TSM Trainer, is co-author with Karen Carnabucci of Healing Eating Disorders with Psychodrama and other Action Methods - Beyond the Silence and the Fury, Jessica Kingsley, London, 2013; 2008 recipient of the Zerka Moreno Award and 2019 recipient with Nancy Alexander of the Collaborator's Award and Fellow of the ASGPP.
• Video lectures - 97 min
• Video Demonstration - 52 min
• Handouts - 31 min
• Test - 30 min
• Course Survey- 5 min
• Practicum - 55 min
Hours for Certificate:
• 4.5 Hours on Action Exploration Education Certificate (applicable for Psychodrama certification)
• 3.0 Hours on CE (excludes test, survey and practicum time)
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.