This method is specifically effective in: Single sessions and individual clinical work. Also in clinical work where there is not enough time to build up strong defenses.
For: therapists, social workers, psychologists, counselors, psychodramatists, educators, coaches. This module is appropriate for those who are new to action methods, as well as experienced practitioners, students in mental health fields, and those who want to develop their skills in action methods. Acting skills are not necessary.
Identify Movie Therapy instruments and practice directing individual Movie Therapy sessions.
- Recognize that a complete psychodrama can be performed through the therapeutic structure of Movie Therapy
- Identify how internalized structures can be accessed without strong defenses
- Recognize the emotional activation of the patient within the movie scene
- Describe how objects are externalized, which in turn develops the Observer Ego
- Describe how the chosen movie scene represents a diagnosis of the patient as well as a transformation plan
- Practice facilitating bodily warm up
- Practice supporting individual participants’ imaginary journey to choose a movie scene
- Practice directing movie therapy scenes
- Practice directing sharing in an individual setting
Specific module emphasis:
- Role Reversal
- Double Mirror
- Exploration of Movie characters – emotional safety factor
- Core elements of secure attachment and bonding
- Video Lectures (20 min)
- Questions & Answers
- Video Demonstrations (94 min)
- Warm Up
-Finding the Scene
-Working on Scene
- Handouts (26 min)
Power Point Presentation. Movie Therapy. Module 3
- Self-Practicum (60 min)
- Breaks (40 min)
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included into your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate:
4:00 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: