Psychodrama has proven to be effective in work with trauma & addiction. Dr. Scott describes why it is important to treat both simultaneously in this course and teaches the basics of how to apply it in your practice. For those who work with trauma and addiction: psychodramatists, psychologists, mental health professionals working with substance use disorders and behavioral addictions, therapists, and social workers. The course might be interesting for those who are in recovery or aiming towards recovery.
Participants will be able to:
-Study the newest research and statistics on trauma & addiction;
-Witness the psychodramatic vignette with a client establishing strengths to address trauma & addiction in the future;
-Understand the reasons for addressing trauma & addiction simultaneously;
-Learn the basics of utilizing psychodrama in work with trauma & addiction;
-Be able to introduce action methods to clients;
-Be able to incorporate psychodrama into practice;
· Video lectures - 113 min
· Video Demonstration - 93 min
· Practicum - 19 min
Breaks - 45 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 4:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
Comprehensive Preparation for Psychodrama Certification. 7 Modules
This course is on exam preparation for the psychodrama certification exam administered by the American Board of Examiners (ABE) in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy. The course instructor, Dr. Scott Giacomucci, DSW, LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAAETS, TEP, has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. Students can buy each module separately or the full course with the bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: