Module 6 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the Research and Evaluation section of the ABE exam.
This module has great examples of research in the field and will teach you how to apply it into your exam responses.
Participants will be able to:
-Learn how you would conduct research on the topic of the effectiveness of Psychodrama.
-Identify an aspect of psychodrama that could benefit from research and study.
-Understand how Moreno incorporated research into his practice.
-Discuss a specific research study, and how this article has influenced your practice/training in psychodrama.
-Know two methods (psychodramatic or sociometric) that can help you determine an intended outcome was achieved.
-Identify an aspect of your psychodrama practice/training that could benefit from program evaluation.
-Understand how to use the social atom or role atom as a pre-test and post-test
Video lecture on:
-Aspects of Psychodrama that could benefit from Research
-Moreno’s Research in his Practice
-Useful Sources for Research
-Research Topic: Effectiveness of Psychodrama
-Methods of Research
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 10: Creating an Evidence Base for Social Work, Group Work, and Psychodrama
-Effectiveness of Psychodrama Therapy in Patients with Panic Disorders – Final Results
-The Effectiveness of Trauma-Focused Psychodrama in the Treatment of PTSD in Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
· Video lectures - 45 min
· Handouts - 55 min
Breaks - 20 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 2:00 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.
(100 Days Access)
*Recommended Videos Not Included in Total Hours for Certificate
These videos are not mandatory. They are recommended as supplementary material by Dr. Scott because the content taught by Dr. Treadwell is a good representation of research and evaluation.
- Effectiveness of Psychodrama Therapy in Patients with Panic Disorders – Final Results (10:00 minutes)
- The Effectiveness of Trauma-Focused Psychodrama in the Treatment of PTSD in Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment (10:00 minutes)
- Break (10 min.)
- Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 10: Creating an Evidence Base for Social Work, Group Work, and Psychodrama (35:00 Minutes)
Comprehensive Preparation for Psychodrama Certification. 7 Modules
This course is on exam preparation for the psychodrama certification exam administered by the American Board of Examiners (ABE) in Sociometry, Psychodrama, and Group Psychotherapy. The course instructor, Dr. Scott Giacomucci, DSW, LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAAETS, TEP, has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. Students can buy each module separately or the full course with the bundle discount.
May we send you a biweekly newsletter?
When subscribed you will ONLY receive info on:
V Invitations for free limited-space courses
V Free video releases
V Newly released courses and discounts
V Invitations to our events
You will NOT receive: