Module 4 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the Sociometry section of the ABE exam.
Participants will be able to:
-Understand how to use sociometry to assess and intervene in group dynamics.
-Distinguish between tele and transference.
-Describe Moreno’s sociometric concept of Encounter.
-Comprehend the sociometric concept of the Social atom and how to use it with a protagonist in your group.
-Learn about the Role diagram.
-Understand sociometric tests and Moreno used them in Who Shall Survive.
Video lecture on:
-Sociometry in Group Dynamics
-When to Conduct a Sociometric Exploration
-Difference Between Tele & Transference
-Concepts: Social Atom & Role Diagram
-Structure of Sociometry Test Section
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 6: Psychodrama and Social Work Theory
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 11: Experiential Sociometry Practice and Safety Structures with Groups
· Video lectures - 87 min
· Handouts - 38 min
Breaks - 25 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 2:30 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.