Module 7 of 7 in Psychodrama ABE exam preparation course.
Dr. Giacomucci has served as a grader for the ABE exam in the past while publishing and teaching extensively in each of the seven exam areas. He presents in great detail how to prepare for and take the Related Fields section of the ABE exam.
Participants will be able to:
-Compare and contrast Moreno's theory of human development with one other major theory.
-Choose a related field and describe how this related field influences your practice of psychodrama.
-Understand how has your practice of psychodrama been enhanced by your knowledge of a related field.
-Compare and contrast psychodrama with another related field you find helpful in addressing social change.
Video lecture on:
-How related fields influence Psychodrama practice
-Comparing and Contrasting Moreno’s Theory of Human Development
-Director/Leader in Psychodrama compared with the Leader in other modalities
-Overview of the “Related Fields” Exam Section
-Detailed analysis of the fields related to Psychodrama
-Dr. Scott Giacomucci's personal experiences writing about related fields on the exam.
-Giacomucci S. (2021) Social Work, Sociometry, and Psychodrama: Experiential Approaches for Group Therapists, Community Leaders, and Social Workers. Chapter 15: Other Experiential Approaches Similar to Psychodrama
· Video lectures - 36 min
· Handouts - 14 min
Breaks - 10 min
Each 50 min of content requires a 10 min break that will be included in your total certified hours
Hours for Certificate
· 1:00 Hours Total
Information on Continuing Education Credits
Psychodrama professional certification training hours:
• American Board of Examiners - ABE accepts a maximum of 120 training hours for psychodrama distant learning. This module/course will count as asynchronous distance-learning as long as the primary trainer approves it.
• Psychodrama Association for Europe e.V.: We are working on getting board approval and will update this information shortly.
• International Boards: You may be able to submit this certificate to your local Psychodrama board. Please contact your respective local board for information.
To obtain Psychodrama training hours:
a) Pass the test with at least 70% correct
b) Fill in the survey
Experiential training hours:
• International Society of Experiential Professionals: ISEP accepts experiential training hours administered by a TEP trainer. More information will be provided shortly.
Social workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors:
• We are working on getting board's approvals and will update this information shortly.
• You may be able to submit this certificate for credits in other mental health disciplines. Please contact your local board for information.